Harry C. Ramsower

Dr. Harry C. Ramsower, Director Emeritus of the Ohio Cooperative Extension Service. Born on a farm in Licking County, he graduated from the College of Agriculture at Ohio State University in 1906.

He was the first chairman of the Department of Agricultural Engineering at the University. On January 1, 1920 he became the Director of the Cooperative Extension Service and held that position until his retirement in 1948.

He served on many national extension and educational committees and during World War II he served on the Advisory Committee to the Council for National Defense.

Since his retirement in 1948 he has served in a number of capacities which have brought him international recognition.