A. B. (Doc) Evans

For 46 years, A. B. "Doc" Evans has contributed outstanding service to Ohio Agriculture. A breeder of pure-bred Hampshire hogs, purebred Angus cattle and registered quarter horses, Mr.Evans has been an active leader in agricultural policies and programs at the State and National levels.

He served as President of the Ohio Pork Improvement Association during the early development of the Ohio Swine Evaluation Station, the first in United States.

He was instrumental in the establishment of the South Charleston Research and Development Center, and served five years on the Ohio Capital Improvement Committee. From 1955 to 1962 he was a member of the National Agriculture Advisory Commission, and was a special representative of President Eisenhower to the twelfth session of the General Agreement of Trade and Tariffs in Geneva, Switzerland in 1957.

Among his numerous awards and recognitions is the selection to the Ohio State University Animal Science Hall of Fame in 1948.